The Psychology Department promotes critical thinking by way of undergraduate research. We encourage students to design manageable and challenging research projects that, with supervision, can be completed by students and result in a product. By taking advantage of these opportunities, students get:
INDEPENDENT STUDENT RESEARCH
- Hands-on research experience in psychology.
- The opportunity to taste the thrill of discovery.
- Credit towards their degree requirements.
- The opportunity to help generate knowledge and disseminate it to professionals in the field by giving presentations at conferences.
- The opportunity to work as part of a team that includes faculty and other students.
- The chance to get to know a faculty member personally.