DWU annually awards more than $6 million in academic and performance scholarships.
To be considered for scholarships at DWU, a completed Application for Admission
is required. Scholarships are awarded only after an offer of admission has been made. In addition to the programs listed below, DWU provides numerous academic and merit-based awards to qualified students. Academic scholarships are based on GPA and standardized testing scores (ACT/SAT).
- Institutional aid (scholarships, awards and grants) may not exceed the cost of tuition at Dakota Wesleyan University in any given year.
- Any student receiving a minimum of $12,000 in institutional aid is required to live on campus.
- First-time freshman scholarships or awards may be increased if the student’s GPA or ACT/SAT score increases before March 1 of the student’s senior year. Questions can be directed to the admissions office.
- Scholarship money awarded to new students attending the Huron Campus will not exceed $12,000 in any given year.
- Scholarships and awards are offered to full-time students, and most scholarships or awards are renewable for up to 10 semesters. Most Dakota Wesleyan University students complete their schooling in eight semesters.
For High School Seniors
High School GPA ACT/SAT Score
3.70 GPA and 27 ACT or 1210 SAT
John Wesley Scholarship
$13,000 to $14,750 per year
3.50 GPA and 24 ACT or 1090 SAT
$12,000 to $13,750 per year
3.0 GPA and 21 ACT or 980 SAT
$10,750 to $13,000 per year
DWU has awards and/or grants available to students who have lower GPA and test scores than listed above.
For Transfer Students
Please visit with the admissions and financial aid staff for further guidance and requirements.
DWU Transfer Award
Phi Theta Kappa Award
These awards range from $4,000- $12,000 based on previous academic performance.
Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society are eligible. Verification of Phi Theta Kappa chapter membership by a chapter adviser is required. Awards given up to $2,000.
For United Methodist Students
DWU United Methodist Recognition Award
Students must be a confirmed member of the United Methodist Church for at least a year. Certification form
United Methodist GBHEM and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Scholarships
Funded through the United Methodist General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation. Applicants must have been an active member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. These Methodist Scholarships do NOT automatically renew each year. Eligibility and application requirements can be obtained from the DWU financial aid office.
For Athletic, Music and Theatre Students
Awards are determined by coach or director, and audition or other assessment may be required in order to determine the student’s award. Please visit with the respective coach or director.