Why Choose DWU for Online Learning?
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
You have many options when pursuing your degree online. Here are 10 reasons you should choose Dakota Wesleyan University (DWU) for your fully online Master of Business Administration and RN-Bachelor of Science nursing degree:
- High-touch support: From the time you first connect with DWU to the day you earn your degree, you will have the support you need—when you need it—from our admissions staff to our Digital Learning Support Specialist.
- Timely orientation: Our orientation is offered three weeks before class starts so that all of your questions and concerns about online learning are out of the way, leaving you to focus on coursework from day one.
- Highly interactive: You will not be listening to pre-recorded lectures and taking online quizzes. Instead, learning is active—and interactive. You will participate in a lot of forum discussions.
- Timely feedback: When you submit an assignment you won’t feel like you are tossing your work into a black hole. Your professors will respond—with individual comments—in a timely fashion. Learning objectives are clear—and you will always know where you stand, grade-wise.
- Community focused: You will often take your coursework and put it to work in the community through projects you propose—and execute.
- Responsive: We are small enough—and personal enough—that we will respond to your feedback, questions and concerns in 24 hours or less.
- Cohort learning: You will join a group of learners when you start your studies and move along through your program of study together. You can support one another—in the classroom, within the Digital Campus, and in life.
- Relevant coursework: Your courses are designed for adult learners like you so that you gain the skills, leadership development and knowledge you need to excel in your career.
- Access to information: Like our on-campus students, you can access all our library databases, from academic journals to videos.
- Focus on your strengths: We use the Clifton StrengthsFinder, an online personality inventory, to highlight and develop your greatest talents so you can achieve academic, personal and professional success.
Learn for yourself why DWU is the ideal place for you to pursue your online degree. If you are interested in our M.B.A. program, please register for one of our 30-minute M.B.A. Info Webinars. Prospective RN-B.S. students: Please contact us to request more information.
Dr. Derek Driedger
Associate Dean of Digital Learning
at Dakota Wesleyan University
Categories: Blog: Online Degrees @ DWU,