Master of Arts in Education
The Master of Arts program at Dakota Wesleyan University is designed to serve the region’s educational communities.
Concentrations are offered in:
- Educational Policy and Administration
We strive to promote excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and research. The program objectives are to:
Why the Master of Arts at Dakota Wesleyan University?
- amplify and refresh instructional pedagogy of area educators, which will reinvigorate area school environments;
- provide a setting for professional growth for area educators; and
- encourage exploration of contemporary instructional practice and investigate application of identified practices.
- Complete the program within two years while you continue to work.
- Courses are offered at convenient times for working teachers: evenings, weekends and online.
- Class sizes are small so you can get one-on-one attention.
- Faculty have earned doctorates or other appropriate terminal degrees.
- This program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and affirmed by the South Dakota Department of Education.
Candidates may register at any time to begin a program of study.
What our graduates say …“The program is a mixture of face-to-face and online classes, and I really enjoyed the diversity of the classes.”
– Sheri Hardman, CEO/K-6 Principal, Kimball School District
“The program is designed to make better educators for the benefit of the students in the classroom.”
– Larry Nebelsick, 7-12 Principal, Canistota School District