Benefits of an Internship
Special Note: According to a 2010 Student Survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, students who have internship experience are offered a salary that is, on average, 17% higher than students without experience.
- Connect, apply and integrate concepts and theories learned in the classroom to a real-world professional experience.
- Develop and enhance skills and competencies in career field.
- Increase self confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Explore career options.
- Enhance employment opportunities after graduation.
DWU Career Services System
- Enjoy the fresh insight, enthusiasm and motivation that interns bring to the workplace.
- Recruit potential future employees.
- Benefit from a source of current academic knowledge and information in the field.
- Enhance the university-community partnership.
- Complete special projects or short-term assignments.
- Give back to your profession, community and others.
* Dakota Wesleyan University is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity for all students and graduates. The programs of Dakota Wesleyan University are open to all without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Dakota Wesleyan University does not warrant or represent that any particular posting or opportunity, whether paid or unpaid, complies with The Fair Labor Standards Act and/or other federal and state labor and employment laws.